Submitted by Andrea Weigl — Staff writer
Here's a list of special meals and events around the Triangle for New Year's Eve:
* Draft Carolina Burgers and Beer on Raleigh's Glenwood South will be closing after its New Year's Eve party. The cover is $20. There will be a deejay, party favors, a champagne toast at midnight and these drink specials: $3 for all 48 beers on tap, $4 for mixed drinks, wine, shots and bombs. Ten percent of all proceeds will benefit Band Together, the largest charitable music festival in North Carolina. For more information, go to facebook.com/draftraleigh.
* Also in Glenwood South, Zely & Ritz is offering a three-course meal for $45 before 8 p.m. and $60 after 9 p.m. The meal includes a glass of sparkling wine and there will be a deejay from 10 p.m.-1 a.m. To see the menu, go to zelyandritz.com. For a reservation, call 919-828-0018.
* Solas on Raleigh's Glenwood South is offering a five-course meal for $75 per person. To see the menu, go to solasraleigh.com or call 919-755-0755 for a reservation.
* Bolt in downtown Raleigh is offering a three-course menu from 4-7:30 p.m. for $50 or a four-course menu from 8:30 p.m.-midnight for $65. The latter seating includes a champagne toast and party favors. To see the menu, go to boltbistro.com. To make a reservation, call 919-821-0011.
* Bu.ku in downtown Raleigh is offering a three-course meal for $60 with a deejay and champagne toast at midnight. To see the menu, go to bukuraleigh.com Call 919-834-6963 for a table.
* Poole's Diner in downtown Raleigh is offering a four-course meal for $75. For more information about the menu or to make a reservation, call 919-832-4477.
* Raleigh's J. Betski's is offering a three-course meal for $55. Entree options include gingerbread-crusted venison loin, borscht-braised veal short ribs, seared diver scallops with a seafood cabbage roll and roasted breast of squab with a stuffed duck leg. To see a full menu, go to jbetskis.com/special-events. For a table, call 919-833-7999.
* Raleigh's Flying Saucer is hosting a party with a deejay, party favors and a champagne toast starting at 7 p.m. The cover is $10. Table reservations are encouraged in advance: $60 per table or $75 per booth. To make reservations, call 919-821-7401.
* Raleigh's Irregardless Cafe is offering a special three-course meal for $65 per person after 8:30 p.m., dancing, live music by the Moon & Stars Dance Band and a champagne toast at midnight. To see the menu, go to irregardless.com. To make a reservation, call 919-833-8898.
* Margaux's in North Raleigh is offering a four-course meal. Early seatings before 6:30 p.m. cost $65 per person. The second seatings starts at 8:30 p.m., costs $95 per person and includes a champagne toast, party favors and live music. To see the menu, go to margauxsrestaurant.com/menus/new-years-eve-bash. To make a reservation, call 919-846-9846.
* Several other downtown Raleigh restaurants are open for dinner but serving their regular menu: Second Empire (second-empire.com), Humble Pie (humblepierestaurant.com), Gravy (gravyraleigh.com), Mo's Diner (mosdiner.net) and 18 Seaboard (18seaboard.com)
* Lantern in Chapel Hill is offering a three-course menu for $75 a person. To see their menu, go to lanternrestaurant.com/menus/nye2012.html. To make a reservation, call 919969-8846.
* La Residence is offering a three-course meal for $35 along with live music and champagne specials. The local band, Puritan Rodeo, specializes in rock, roots music and Americana and will be playing from 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m. For a reservation, call 919-967-2506.
* Or dine at home thanks to Foster's Market in Durham and Chapel Hill. Both locations are selling three-course meals for two or four people. The prices are $75 and $149 respectively. To see the menu choices, go to fostersmarket.com/menus/special-menu/. To reserve, call 919-489-4114 for the Durham store and 919-967-3663 for the Chapel Hill store.
If your special dinner or event is not on this list and you would like it to be, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.